What if my spouse isn’t a natural-born Texan?

While laws regarding this topic within Texas are not yet in place, the law will likely match the US laws on the topic. Those being that a US citizen cannot lose their citizenship simply for living in another country.

Spouses make matters a little more tricky. While there is no question that a Texan citizen and their spouse may reenter the independent Texan nation to live, the spouse may have to apply for a ‘green card’ and complete a number of years in the country before becoming a full citizen, like in the US. However, there are no concrete laws on this matter, and after independence, it will be up for debate among the Texas State Legislators.

Share this Answer

More Answers

Share via
Send this to a friend